Hello from West Yorkshire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Karlie
Top Dog
Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Yorkshire   Sun Aug 14 2011, 12:01

On topic 'Pet Photos' there is a sticky on there with instructions. Hope this helps Smile
Back to top Go down
Drab
Top Dog
Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Yorkshire   Sun Aug 14 2011, 12:05

Welcome Claire, hope you enjoy the forum!

I'll let you off saying that Little munchkin is cuter than Jasper BUT no way could anybody beat my gorgeous Fletcher boy! he's very special and although he lives with Linday and Lee he is special to me. He was a terrible neglect case and such a perfect gent when he was in rescue with us. I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Yorkshire   Sun Aug 14 2011, 12:48

But he is cuter. Poor fletcher. I rescued a dog a while ago. Spent a day and night in my house before i got the rspca to take him. I called the dog warden first thinking i was doing the dog a favour. Thank God they did not answer. Are you julie?
Back to top Go down
Drab
Top Dog
Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Yorkshire   Sun Aug 14 2011, 13:00

Yes that's me!! Laughing
Gobby, Bossy, Mean and very very strict........unless you have fur and four legs then your ok! Laughing

My house consists of Nancy, Sam and Missy the dogs - all rescue but not Willow dogs!

Patches and Mog the cats - Patches was a hand rear and never left, Nicola who fosters for Willow rescued Mog's mum and was rewarded with a litter of kittens for her trouble so Mog came to live with me as a friend to Patches and perpetual torment to Missy - best buddies really! Wink

Pumpking and Heidi my guinea pigs and 3 foster guinea pigs that belong to Willow who have been here forever so will be going for their bits off and staying with me!

Nemo and Tom Gurgle the goldfish from the fair who are now about 6 1/2 years old.

Amelia and Matthew the children - Milly posts as Milly Moo on the forum.

Ian the husband - enough said! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
michelle c
Top Dog
Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Yorkshire   Sun Aug 14 2011, 13:02

drab ......julie........vaguely remember the names Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Drab
Top Dog
Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Yorkshire   Sun Aug 14 2011, 13:05

You've missed me really...... you all have ....go on admit it! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Yorkshire   Sun Aug 14 2011, 14:30

In that order Julie? pets,kids,husband. Can you tell me a bit about how you managed to set up willow?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Yorkshire   Sun Aug 14 2011, 16:07

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!! pale
The Drab is back.
Where is my medication?
Must ring the doctor tomorrow.

Welcome to the madhouse,Claire74.
Back to top Go down
Drab
Top Dog
Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Yorkshire   Sun Aug 14 2011, 18:30

Take no notice of Billbo Billy Claire that's jus mi dad!! Twisted Evil
(not really but rosebabe thought he was and it just kind of stuck!)

Setting up Willow was a huge decision but both Sarah and me worked for another rescue at the time, unfortunately i managed to get banned from the premises and Sarah followed soon after - voluntarily not banned.

We saw that the problem in rescue was the pound dogs, so we decided that we wouldnt take dogs from people's homes only from the pound, we found out how much kennelling was, vet fee's etc and settled on a magic figure, when we hit that amount we would bring out our first dog and not before, we set to work fundraising and within 4 months and endless car boots later we brough out Delilah!

we try to run within a limit we have set, we could quite easily when the pounds are bursting and our hearts are screaming take one more, but we know that all our hard work and efforts would prove nothing if we folded due to not being sensible. We cant help any if we go bust!

Karlie and Nic helped us at the other rescue - as well as both adopting Willow Dogs, Michelle had done nearly £1000 in fundraising, Nicola's(who fosters) daughter and mine go to school together, rosebabe is Karlie's mum, Billbo billy well there's quite a tale there but Billy was rescued via Rochdale dog rescue and was brought through to us by the lovely and saintly Bernie, Lindsay adopted Fletcher and us. Caz n Deb adopted Little Billy a Willow dog and their daughters Jennie and Lizzie are members of the forum too! Phew hope i havent missed anybody off. Oh Wordy is Karlie's other half.

So really we are all one big happy family! Laughing Laughing

The more the merrier! cheers
Back to top Go down
Lindsay
Willow Superior Dog
Willow Superior Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Yorkshire   Sun Aug 14 2011, 20:14

Awww thanks Julie, you are soft really Razz

All of our dogs are beautiful but my Fletcher really is a gentleman (and he's been a big mummy's boy this weekend which is always nice!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Yorkshire   Sun Aug 14 2011, 21:28

hi julie thanks for your post. nic said you were the one to speak to and am so impressed by your efforts and achievements so far. i have a heart and a passion for dogs. even when i was in malawi last year with my sisters' charity and the human poverty was heart breaking i was still doing my best to help the dogs as well. my sister has been fundraising professionally for a long time and she is always asking me for ideas. i'd love to help if i can with any advice and real and pro active help. my sister has been working for cancer research uk and motability and i have done fundraising myself for other charities. i have loads of ideas for willow but without knowing a bit more i don't want to start coming out without ideas that have been tried and failed or are not appropriate. also i am still a mere willow puppy. i would like to say i can write far better than this i just have a smart phone that drives me mad. i will be at netherlands next sunday to talk to anyone. love what you are doing and i hope to speak soon
Back to top Go down
NicnBuddy
Top Dog
Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Yorkshire   Mon Aug 15 2011, 11:06

Depending on what the football coach decides to do with regards to footy training for Lewis on Sunday, or if I manage to get a spot at the carboot, it might be later on in the day that I can get to Netherlands to meet you Claire.

It sounds to me like you would be an asset to Willow.

If you look back on the forum you will see that most of our funding comes from carboots sales, stalls at various fayres, jewellery parties, raffles, bagpacking, sponsored events and donations. We are too small a charity at the moment to afford a charity shop which would bring in a weekly amount, so we all work really hard on other fundraising things. And theres only a small number of us to carry out those activities aswell.

This is why, like Julie said, we only have a small number of dogs at any one time. We do what we can and as there is only a few of us we are proud of what we have achieved over the last year! Any help, advice and ideas are welcomed.

Let me know what time you were thinking of on Sunday and I'll do my best to be there. Does anyone else want to come?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Yorkshire   Mon Aug 15 2011, 13:04

I am thinking afternoon am going to look around the private kennels and can walk a dog or two. whenever anyone is free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Yorkshire   

Back to top Go down

Hello from West Yorkshire
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2